Importing files and folders
Importing from within Judah
Entire folders of files and sub-folders can be imported directly into Judah.
- To begin importing your folders, click the "Options" button at the top right of Judah.
- A menu with several options will open, mouse over "Import"
- In the options that are displayed, find and click "Import files and folders from your computer"
- A new window will open in which you can navigate your Windows folders, and check any you would like to import.
- The right pane will give you a preview of how those folders will be structured in Judah. Once you have checked all the folders you would like to import, click "Next"
Depending on the quantity and size of the folders you are importing, this process may take some time. It is important that you do not close Judah, or turn off your computer until the import is finished.
Files can be imported into nearly any folder in Judah
- To begin importing your files, select the folder you would like the file to be in.
- In the Items Grid Toolbar, click the "Folder Actions" button and select "Import Files" in the menu that opens.
- A new window will open in which you can navigate your Windows folders and files, and select any you would like to import.
- Once you have found and selected the file you would like to import, click "Open"
Depending on the size of the file you are importing, this process may take some time. It is important that you do not close Judah, or turn off your computer until the import is finished.
Dragging items into Judah from Windows
Certain areas of Judah cannot have data added to them. The mouse icon will indicate the areas you cannot add data.
Using "Send to Judah" from Windows
In a Windows Explorer window or your desktop, you can right click most files or folders and import them to Judah using "Send to"